Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Room Project #1

The best way I can come up with to organize this blog is by rooms (projects) and then by crafts (random). Here goes my attempt at "creating" an entire room!

Kids rooms are filled with endless possibilities. My daughter is still so young and this will be a very emotional step for me. But, it has to be done. So I want to do it in a way that will suit her completely at this age and stage in her life.

I created my first mood board out of my thoughts and ideas for this room. Young House Love introduced me to mood boards. The only problem is knowing when to stop the virtual decorating and begin the real life work! My mood board is rough. And, like my lists, it will probably change. Here it is in all it's glory...

Let's analyze it shall we? There is no furniture because I either have it or don't know what I want to get yet. What you see is all textiles excluding the green lamp I probably won't buy. I have a lamp that will be used to recreate the one you see.

Below the lamp are two sets of twin sheets I plan to use to make a reversible duvet cover and below those is the duvet I plan to get from Ikea. Following so far?

The item in the middle with the circles is a rug from Ikea that isn't necessary, but I love that rug. The room is carpeted. While the carpet is old and not pretty we decided not to remove it due to the fact that a tumbly toddler will be living here.

Below the rug is something I plan to make. It's called a book sling and once I make it you will see the full tutorial. I may even make two or three if it actually turns out!

On the far right are a slew of fabric choices. Chances are good I will go with the middle set for most things. My decorative frame of mind unfortunately leads me to stick with just a few colors. As you can see, most things are pink and green. I am trying to branch out, but I am very unsure of the rules and such (if there are rules for color schemes).

Anyway, here are some really horrible pictures of the room as of now. The bed, armoire, wicker chair, and tent stay. The rest goes...





Once items are bought and things are made you will see tutorials and such...until then, thank you for your patience!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the book sling!! Let me know how it turns out and if you are interested in making more, how much you would charge :) That would be perfect to go on the wall between Matthew's top and bottom bunks!

    ReplyDelete